I WILL FOLLOW YOU IF:
* You tweet about topics that I find interesting…and…
* You don’t have a low ratio of interesting-to-clutter (to me) tweets. If you seem to be on Twitter all day long and have the tweets to prove it, you are probably too busy for me to read. There is only so much time in my day and you are not my only Twitter friend.
* You have an interesting bio or blog link.
I don’t care if you follow me back. I’m not in this for the followers, just the connection -- as in the conversations, links and ideas. This can also be one-sided…you may follow me but I don’t follow you, and vice versa. No problem.
I WILL NOT FOLLOW YOU IF:
* You follow me but your tweets don’t match my interest level. No offense—we’re just not a good fit. In fact, when I do unfollow someone, I tend to do so from the stream and not the follower screen. It’s the content that matters to me.
I WILL CHECK YOU OUT IF:
* You are one of the lucky three twitter folk I choose from a #followfriday mention of someone I follow. I figure, if they are pointing me to you, then why look further for interesting content to read & follow?
* You @ me or RT my tweet. If you engage me and appear to appreciate the connection like I do, then I’ll most likely respond. I may not end up following you (see above) but I will acknowledge you.
* You come through my stream of those I follow via an @ or their RT of your tweet. To me, this is an endorsement (see #followfriday above).
IF YOU WANT TO CHECK ME OUT:
* Follow me on twitter.com/TCOYou and learn more about Taking Care Of You.
If you follow me, thank you. I hope you enjoy what you see. If I don’t follow you back, take heart -- it’s me, not you.
As always, TCOY!